THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
We are very grateful for all food donations. The BIAB rotating menus are planned and ordered several weeks in advance. Donated food is generally not used immediately. No extra items are included in weekly menus.
All donated food is:
- Inventoried and recorded in our donations database by the Food Donation Coordinator.
- Checked for expiration dates, dings, dents, and tears to ensure that everything is suitable for the children.
- Distributed to whichever BIAB school may have the most need.
We can only accept specific food items that we use in our rotating menus, and we would be very grateful if you would please check the size and exclusions on our staple food item list below when collecting and donating food.
- Applesauce (4 oz individual serving size cups)
- Oatmeal (individual serving size packets) – no marshmallow please
- Oats & Honey Granola Bars (2-bar/pouch) – no peanuts or chocolate
- Pudding (3.5 oz individual serving size cups)
- Macaroni & Cheese (7.25 oz boxes) – no microwave cups
- Peanut Butter To Go (1.5 oz individual serving size cups)
Please contact Karen Fishburn, Food Donation Coordinator at email@example.com or 301-514-9367 if you have any questions regarding food donations or to schedule the delivery of your donation. You may also drop your donation off into the black bins on the back porch of our office located at 1016 N. Market Street, Frederick, MD 21701 (receipts are available inside the bins).
Thank you again for your support of Blessings in a Backpack, Frederick MD.