THANK YOU, THANK YOU! We are very grateful for all food donations. Since BIAB has 4-rotating menus, which are planned and ordered several weeks in advance, donated food is generally not used immediately, nor are extra items added to weekly bags. All donated food is:
- Inventoried and recorded in our donation log by the Food Donation Coordinator.
- Checked for expiration dates, dings, dents and tears to ensure that everything is suitable for the children.
- May be distributed to whichever BIAB school may have the most need.
WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT FOOD FROM OUR LIST and would be very grateful if you’d please check that packaging is NOT dented, torn, or soon-to-be expired.
We ask that you please DO NOT bring donations to our schools. As noted above, we have a standard food donation procedure that was put in place at the beginning of the 2018-19 school year. Please drop food off in the black bins on the back porch of our office at 1016 No. Market Street…receipts are inside the bin. We are happy to meet you elsewhere if that’s more convenient. If you have any questions, please contact Karen Fishburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spaghetti-Os or Ravioli…Cans only, please
- Chicken Noodle Soup (old-fashioned, regular size)
- 2 bar/pkg. Oats & Honey Granola Bars…NO peanut or chocolate, please
- 15 oz Cans…Corn, Green Beans, or Red Beans
- Mac & Cheese…(7.25oz) box…NO MICRO CUPS, please
- 5oz Cans Tuna in Water or Chicken…no packs or boxes, please
PLEASE NOTE: BIAB Frederick menus are planned in advance, rotate every four weeks, and all orders are processed 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure availability and freshness. All food donations are inspected for expiration dates, dings, dents and tears to ensure that everything is suitable for our children. Additionally, we reserve the right to identify alternative uses for food donations that do not meet the requirements of our planned school menus.