Thanks to the Frederick News Post for profiling Blessings in a Backpack as we packed blizzard bags.
Check out the great article by clicking here.
Thanks to all of the wonderful volunteers who helped pack 28,000 items in 2,832 bags. Interested in helping in the future? Check the website or volunteer to help pack a backpack today by signing up on our Pack a Backpack page. Also, make sure to follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on all things BIAB.
The BIAB mission is to feed local children on the weekends and over school breaks during the school year. We are often asked, “What happens over the summer?” Sadly, it is a challenging time for kids and their families. Our friends at No Kid Hungry have created a wonderful resource to locate summer meals. Please pass this along.
Blessings in a Backpack Frederick is so excited to be able to expand the schools we are able to serve. We are now announcing school #18, North Frederick Elementary School! A HUGE thank you to all of the volunteers, as well as businesses and individuals who have donated funding and food to help make this happen.
We are happy to be able to begin feeding 52 more kids starting in April.
Thank you for helping us buy enough books for all of the pre-K children served by Blessings in a Backpack Frederick! Now, we need your help to send a new book home for the summer with our kindergartners and first graders – by May 12! The more kids read, the better readers they become!
- Buy books from the the Book List through the Curious Iguana website or store on N. Market St., and they will deliver them to us. Click here.
- Visit the Literacy Council’s donation page and designate Book Drive in “Purpose of Donation.” They will purchase and deliver your books to us. Click here.
- Purchase books from the Book List through another retailer and drop them off at Blessings in a Backpack (bins on back porch) or the Literacy Council of Frederick County.
- Share this article with your friends!
- All Are Welcome by Alexandra Penfold
- Circle by Mac Barnett
- Crunch, the Shy Dinosaur by Cirocco Dunlap
- Quackers by Liz Wong
First Grade Students
- The Day You Begin by Jacqueline Woodson
- Niblet & Ralph by Zachariah Ohora
- No Boring Stories! by Julie Falatko
- There Are No Bears in This Bakery by Julia Sarcone-Roach